Thursday, October 10, 2013

Tutorial Thursday - Coloring Blades of Grass...


Today I would like to share with you how I colour Grass and little Flowers to my cards...

What you will need......
Stamp- FANCY MARCI.
 Copic Marker Colours:
GRASS-:  YG00, G24, YG93, YG95, YG97.
FLOWERS-:  White Gel Pen.
Post- it- Note or Washi Tape...

Lets Begin.....
  I have pre - coloured FANCY MARCI  in shades of grey using my
 Warm, Neutral and Cool Copic Markers.

Take a Post-It-Note ( or washi tape) and place sticky part along the the
 bottom of Fancy Marci just covering her feet.
*** 

 Take your YG95 Marker flick upwards from Post-it-Note 
varying the size and shape of your strokes to create blades of grass.
***

  Continue using the same flicking strokes filling in with your
 YG97, YG95, G24 and YG00.

Once I have  finished with all the Copic markers I sometimes then go in and add a little
 White Gel Pen using the same flicking strokes as before. This part is optional.. you don't need to add much of this.
***

 Remove the Post-it-Note and take your White Gel Pen and add little dots
 on either sides of a blade of grass.  
***

I then added some grounding to Fancy Marci using E40, E42, E3, E44...
All done....
***

I have attached 2 of my cards using this same method of colouring grass..

 I hope you have enjoyed today's tutorial, and we look forward to seeing your creations
You can share them with us at  La-La Land Crafts by adding your creations to our Facebook Page or Twitter 



6 comments:

  1. That was great thank you
    Caroline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! Now to see if I can do that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a helpful tutorial, thanks a lot for sharing your trick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for this! I especially love the addition of the white gel pen!! I will definitely be trying this soon! ^_^

    ReplyDelete